Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

A beautiful city in bad packaging

Do you know Jakarta?

Jakarta is a city where looks small in the map. But that’s true. Some people said that Jakarta is a large city, but actually, it is small. The biggest problem of Jakarta which made some people thought Jakarta has a large area is the city’s design. In the center of Jakarta, we could see the beautiful designs and position of each building. But when we go to at the other side of Jakarta, it’s easy for us to find the “bad” side from Jakarta.
 
What kind of badness which Jakarta got? Well, here they are some of them which I knew.
  • -          Trees. Meanwhile the vehicles in Jakarta is getting more, the pollution is also getting more. But, the quantity of tress in Jakarta is not enough to decrease the pollution in Jakarta. People preferred to cut the trees and made their beautiful houses or buildings than kept the air circulation from the trees.
  • -          House. When we went to the main street, or some beautiful residences, maybe we could amazed with those beautiful houses. But, when we went to a little street where the cars couldn’t pass through that way, maybe it was surprising. Yes, the houses were not worthy to be used as a living place. Or, the houses were too small than the houses at those beautiful residences.
  • -          River. When I saw on TV or Internet, I could find that they used the river as a place for water transportation, recreation, even for fishing. The water is clear, and the fishes live in that river. But in Jakarta, you can shop until you drop on river! Yes, you can find great stuffs in the river. There are beds, clothes, bicycle, even death body a.k.a CROPSE ! Great aren’t they?
  • -          Traffic. If someday I meet a fairy God mother, I’ll ask her ; please, just throw away all the cars and motorcycle. Let everyone use public transportation. Yes, traffic in Jakarta is one of the biggest problems in this city. The government had been use all the way to fix this problem. But they didn’t work well. Traffic is the symbol of this city.

Talk about the traffic, I had an adventure last Wednesday.
So, on that day, I had to go to three different places in the same time. First, on 9.00 I had to go to UNJ. Then, on 10.00 I had a theatre practice at 90. And the last one, on 11.00 I had to go to “Golden Truly” and I didn’t know the place.

So, after long thought to take decision,  I chose to go to UNJ then went to Golden Truly.

I went to UNJ with Transjakarta with my friend Ana. I didn’t know how to get there, but we had to try. Beside that, if we got lost, we could go back and we didn’t have to pay. That’s why I love Transjakarta. But, in the other side, I disappointed with the service of Transjakarta. The passengers had to wait so long. And the bus wasn’t really cold although the AC was turned on.  And you didn’t know the next stop of the shelter because the voice of a woman, who usually said that, had been turned of.  So, that was difficult if you had your first time to go to with Transjakarta.

And, after from UNJ and I had to go to “Golden Truly”. So, I transited at Matraman, and waited for the bus which went to Ancol. And I realized, that the shelter was hot and so full. So many people at that time but there was only 2 fans which turned on in the shelter. Absolutely HHHOOOOTTTT !!

Then, after long waiting, the bus came. But it was so full!!! And, oh My! That was really difficult for you to move. Even just to took your cell phone from your pocket. So, HOT, FULL, and you couldn’t see the nest stop, how could people want to go to with Transjakarta?

I agree if Transjakarta will fix the problem of traffic. But, the government has to make the service of Transjakarta more comfortable. Add more transjakarta, and of course the service of the bus.

I disagree when Tarnsjakarta didn’t use anymore the card as the payment.  But using tickets which made more paper is needed and it made Global Warming is getting more. I really disappointed with this decision. What was the government think about that?

Transjakarta is a useful public transportation which can bring you to around the Jakarta with only Rp.3500
But, with the service today, people are not interested to use Transjakarta. So, I really hope Jakarta can be a beautiful city and traffic won’t make more people get stress and die earlier. I really hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment